Re: X respawns on tty8 instead of tty7

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

> I am running Sid and X thru startx.
> It appears that on restarting X the tty it uses dwells to tty8.
> I wonder why I want that feature, it's annoying.
> Found a reference to it:
> 'Psycho_zs' gives a solution to it: start console-kit-daemon on vt63, down
> the page.
> This seems to 'fix' it. I think.
> Why does consolekit do this?

This has been the case in Squeeze since it was "testing."

kill -HUP console-kit-daemon
deallocvt 7

PS: I was (almost) surprised to see the following warning on
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ConsoleKit
"ConsoleKit is currently not actively maintained. The focus has
shifted to the built-in seat/user/session management of
software/systemd called systemd-loginctl."