Re: Safety while network install.

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 00:13:41 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> I'm concerned on safety of install over network (the netinst) - what
> techniques are used to protect the installed system during the very
> process of installation?

System is still not installed so what are you afraid of? :-?

> Or it includes some risk for the install and therefore media (kind of
> disk) is a preferred installation method?

I've never faced a security problem when installing over the network
(Internet) and take no additional countermeasures but ensuring the net
ISO checksum for the image I have downloaded is okay.

A compromised mirror can hit at anytime not just when installing.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón