Re: My sound blaster live disappeared

Yeah, the problem with that is that some package maintainer for some package that I do use, down the line, may get the bright idea to make pulse a dependency.

I also wonder if a newer build of Debian may work out the issues with pulse. This particular box hasn't been rebuilt in about 5 years...I plan to rebuild it in the next month or two because I want to upgrade from i386 to amd64...