Re: [BackupPC-users] Put pool on an nfs mounted Solaris zfs share

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:55 PM, Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:

> I haven't finished the docs yet, maybe it tell what this stuff
> is... but for purposes of this post I wondered if it would be wisest
> to let the directories and files under /var/lib/backuppc also reside
> on the nfs shared zfs filesystem.
>
> Which directory really holds the backups... `pc' or `pool'.

Both - there are hardlinks between the slightly mangled names in the
trees under pc and the names that are hashes of the content in pool
(or cpool if compression is used).  They have to be in the same
filesystem.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com