Re: Xfce: GIMP as default PDF viewer ?

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Jerome BENOIT <g6299304p@rezozer.net> wrote:

> On 17/11/11 17:37, Osamu Aoki wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 04:45:19PM +0100, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello List:
>>>
>>> Since I migrated from Gnome3 to Xfce, I have noticed that thdefault
>>> viewer for PDF files is now GIMP:
>>> I would rather expect acrobat or evince.
>>>
>>> Where is the place to fix this ?
It is not elegant, but you could remove pdf from mimetypes that manage
gimp (/usr/share/applications/gimp.desktop) and rebuild the mime
database (update-mime-database)

Of course this is not the best solution, when you upgrade your system
you will get again the same behaviour

There is a bug (closed) [1] with that issue, maybe should be
reassigned to another package?