Wheezy with Xfce4 --- problems with 3.0.0-1-amd64 kernel

Hola!

I just got to reinstall debiann vause my harddisk fried. I wanted to
use the opportunity to change from gnome
to Xfce4. This worked well when I installed stable, but when upgrading
to wheezy the problems arrived.

First some output from lspci:

VGA compatible controller : nVidia corporation C51 [GeForce Go 6150] (rev a2)

So i tried to install the nVidia drivers, but that does mot seem to work.

When booting, tye kernel 3.0.0-1-amd64 boots, but the X window system
(with GDM3) do not start.

I can work with the 2.6.32-5-amd64 kernel, though the Xfce desktop has
some problems --- the panel line at foot of the monitor do not show,
neither do the machine find the wireless network (I installed wicd).

Any ideas?

Kjetil Halvorsen

--
"If you want a picture of the future - imagine a boot stamping on the
human face - forever."

George Orwell (1984)