Re: xfce weather plugin broken?

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 18:06:55 -0500
Pete Orrall <ppatfcb@gmail.com> dijo:

>On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 16:31 +0000, Brian wrote:
>> On Sun 13 Nov 2011 at 10:18:52 -0500, Pete Orrall wrote:
>>
>> > What's going on and how do I fix this?

>> November 2011.
>
>Thanks Brian and Joey for the help.  I dug a little deeper with the
>links provided and found this:
>
>http://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/goodies-dev/2011-October/003139.html
>
>Apparently this affects more than just Xfce users....

I posted a question about this problem on the Xfce forums a couple days
ago, but there have been no responses. Either no one knows if it is
going to be fixed, or they don't want to say.

http://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=6500

In the meantime I found this:

http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/xfce4-xfapplet-plugin

Apparently you can run the Gnome weather applet in xfapplet. I have
xfapplet installed, but the list of available Gnome panel applets is
very short and does not include the Gnome weather applet, in spite of
the fact that I have it installed and running when I log in to Gnome.

It might be helpful if people would add to the forum thread that I
started above.