Re: Loads of Held Packages on Sid

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:21:36AM +0200, David Baron wrote:
> 1. Perl. Installing this one replaces most everything using perl. Is this OK,
> safe?

See http://release.debian.org/transitions/. The quick answer is
"probably not yet". For best results, wait until perl5.14 is fully
transitioned, then switch.

> 2. libksmoke stuff. Removes a bunch of .cil modules which would be relevant
> only to mono. Safe (probably if not using kde mono bindings anywhere)?

If they're lib* packages, I would suggest let them be removed UNLESS
they are plugin-type libs and you want the functionality they provide.

--
Darac Marjal