Re: sources.list best practices

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 17:58:16 -0500, Brad Alexander wrote:

> Traditionally, I have replaced /etc/apt/sources.list with a universal
> one that includes stanzas for stable, testing, unstable, and in some
> cases experimental

I found that the only releases that mingle well is between testing and
unstable.

> The second option is a sources.list that only contains the release for
> which the box was built.

So I only put testing and unstable in my sources.list, as well as Debian
Multimedia of course.

If your main release is stable, better use backport instead of testing or
unstable. However, if your traditional setting haven't caused you any
trouble ever, then I have to admit that you manage it much better than I
do.

my 2c.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)