Re: [SOLVED] Re: My post mail server is used for spam

On 11/15/2011 10:07 AM, Olivier BATARD wrote:

>> mynetworks = !192.168.150.254 192.168.150.0/24
>>
>> The "!" excludes the address.
>
> Thanks that solve my problem

You're welcome.  Due to the NAT source address rewrite problem, the
previous mynetworks configuration made Postfix a wide open relay.  I'm
curious, how long was this machine in production before the spammers
found the relay hole and started abusing it?  Days?  Months?

>> If you do not actually have a working IPv6 network, remove the IPv6 junk
>> from mynetworks.  If you don't have webmail running on the Postfix box,
>> nor programs that need to inject mail into Postfix, remove the loopback
>> address from mynetworks as well.
>
> Thanks for the advice.

Sure thing.  With Postfix it's always best to configure *only* what you
need.  Having unnecessary stuff in main.cf can cause problems and/or
make troubleshooting more difficult.

>> P.S. I'm shocked you still have a NAT/PAT router in 2011 that rewrites
>> source addresses.  Treat that thing like hot plutonium--replace it ASAP.
>>
> Yeah I was quite shocked too, so we'll replace soon as soon as the
> client sign the bill :)

Heheh.  Unfortunately I know that type of client. ;)  However, even this
$20 USD router does source addressing correctly, as do just about all
cheap consumer routers do:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704016

> Anyway thanks a lot.

Glad I could help.  Postfix and spam fighting are two of my specialties.

--
Stan