Re: why does apt-mirror's service always running even after scheduled

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 03:53:53AM GMT, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Squeeze AMD64, apt-mirror seems to always run even after configured with
> below config in crontab
>
> # crontab -l

apt-mirror comes with it's own cron entry - no need to set your own.

> # m h  dom mon dow   command
> * 0-7 * * * /root/sync-mirror
> * 0-12 * * 6,0 /root/sync-mirror

Why did you set it up to run every hour? Once a day is enough.

> tcp        0      0 10.0.0.125:42274        91.189.92.170:80
> ESTABLISHED 8370/wget

This is canonical.com IP address so the problem might be there.

> the mirror server constantly use around 500 Mbps of bandwidth although this
> is a local mirror hosted in my work place where only 3 debian and ubuntu
> users including me.

Hard to tell without seeing your /etc/apt/mirror.list but I'd start with
running it manually first and see what's happening.

Regards,
--
Raf