Re: GNOME 3 Alt-Tab takes two hands now?

On 11/14/2011 08:33 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 19:38:03 -0800, Kevin Ross wrote:

If you have two windows open for the same application, the Alt-Tab popup
combines them into a single icon.  To switch between windows of the same
application, you have to hit the down arrow while the popup is up.  So
you have to hit Alt-Tab, and while holding down the Alt key, hit the
down arrow, then hit Tab multiple times to get to the window you want.

Really?  This is an improvement?
True is that I've never used Alt+Tab before O:-)

Anyway, anyone know how to get rid of that grouping behavior for the
Alt-Tab popup?
There's an extension that will return Alt+Tab to the old behaviour:

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Extensions/alternate-tab

Tip: AFAIK, extensions are still not available.

Greetings,

Shoot, I tried that extension, but it requires gnome 3.2. I tried changing the version number in the metadata.json file to 3.0, but still no joy. Oh well. That extension is exactly what I want. :(

Thanks anyway!
-- Kevin