Re: Can we stop whining about GNOME3 please?

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:

> I think, as usual with Linux graphics, that we are talking drivers here.
>
> I don't really think this is fixable. The MB is two-three years old. So
> not old enough to write off as useless, but not brand-new either.

For the latest Fedora beta, "gnome-shell will run even on hardware
without a native 3D driver, including virt guests."

So we should expect that whatever the X and/or GNOME developers have
done will end up in experimental soon enough and then trickle down
into unstable and testing.