Re: How to get an IP address
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: How to get an IP address
- From: Tom H <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 11:50:38 -0500
- Message-id: <CAOdo=SxctsicG8BopcTpTSnmQN9eJO1jhooCizc36bLV7nT-3A@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 11:44 AM, T o n g <email@example.com> wrote:
> I know how to get an IP address *info* using dig, but has anyone looked
> into how to get *only* the IP address? so that I can use, eg.
> the_ip=`get_ip host`
dig +short ...