Re: Can we stop whining about GNOME3 please?

On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 17:17 -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Joe writes:
> > I don't see why my old Gnome environment just disappeared down the
> > plughole simply because my graphics driver or chipset doesn't do
> > hardware 3D acceleration.
>
> It didn't.  It's still there.  You are free to continue using it, and to
> pay someone to support it for you if you wish.

"I now introduce Measham’s Law:

As an online discussion regarding the features of a piece of open source
software grows longer, the probability of someone saying “It’s open
source, you write it” approaches one." -
http://rick.measham.id.au/200710/meashams-law-godwins-law-for-open-source-development/

I'll add that someone will say "pay someone", "switch back[1] to
Windows" etc. pp..

[1] very nice if people never used Windows and Mac.

Btw. I'm able to restore my testing with GNOME 2, but if I would do
that, the day will come when I would run into dependency hell.

:(