Re: Can we stop whining about GNOME3 please?

Joe, 13.11.2011:

> And I hate to invoke the Godwin's Law of Open Source, but my other
> workstation isn't up to running the fancy graphical bits of Windows 7,
> either, but Microsoft provide a perfectly good and fully-functional
> alternative, and don't warn me that it will only work for a while.

(Warning: getting off topic)

I am curious what you meant by the alternative.  Is it Windows 7 with
some stuff turned off, or is it something else?  (I am not familiar
with W7 but there are some old machines around with XP on them and
XP support will end in April 2014.)