Re: Cannot log into GNOME after upgrading to GNOME3 in testing

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 19:35:09 +0800, H Xu wrote:

> After I have upgraded to GNOME3 in wheezy, I'm unable to login to GNOME.
> When login, the following message is displayed on my screen:
>
> """
> Oh, no! Something has gone wrong.
>
> A problem has occurred and the system can't recover. Please log out and
> try again.
> """
>
> If I choose the fallback session, only the desktop background is
> displayed. No panel, no desktop files.

Does reloading the panels make any effect?

(Alt+F2 → gnome-terminal → killall gnome-panels)

> Could anyone help me?

If nothing seems to work, jump to a terminal (tty) and try by creating a
new user to login with it.

Anyway, the reason of the crash should be logged at your "~/.xession-
errors" file.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón