Re: Adobe flash is dead (now Firefox/Iceweasel/Mozilla)

On 11/11/11 11:47, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Robert Holtzman wrote:
>>>
>>> The Debian Mozilla team makes Firefox deb packages available for
>>> Stable that tracks the current release.
>>>
>>>   http://mozilla.debian.net/
>>
>> Nothing about FF here or in any of the backport sites I looked at. Sure
>> you didn't mean iceweasel?
>
> Perhaps you were not aware that Debian Iceweasel is for all practical
> purposes Firefox?
>
> Here are some references to backfill the entire very long story, years
> in the making, a cast of thousands, and that type of thing.
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/10/msg00665.html
>
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Corporation_software_rebranded_by_the_Debian_project
>
> Bob

A cast of thousands? :-)

Maybe *two*. The objector from Mozilla, and Mike Hommey the Debian
Mozilla maintainer/superman.

Many, many thanks to him.

Iceweasel is superior to Firefox because:-
;we can modify it without breaching Mozilla copyrights
;we can run less than the latest version of Mozilla code without missing
out on security updates
;because it's maintained by a superman :-D

NOTE: last time I checked you could get a .deb package of Swiftfox - an
"optimised" build of Firefox.

Cheers