job in crontab not running

On a squeeze box I'd like to run a script every night at 1:01am, as
such I have the following entry in my crontab:

$ crontab -l
1  1  *  *  *  /home/laltest/test/nightly/nightly-git.sh

However the script never runs and I don't any email from cron
indicating script failure, when I run the script by hand it succeeds.
It simply appears that cron is not running the script. I've tried
looking in various logs to get an explanation of this but I can't find
anything to explain this.

Why wouldn't the above crontab entry cause the script to be run?