Re: xboing has no sound on squeeze

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 16:32:00 -0500, Mark Neidorff wrote:

> On Friday 04 November 2011 2:23:38 pm Camaleón wrote:
>> > <snip>

>> > I've tried running xboing on wheezy. Still no sound. So I've purged
>> > it from the disk.
>>
>> If you are interested in the package, you could "ping" xboing developer
>> and ask for the status of the package. If there is a new version maybe
>> it could be considered again to be kept in Debian repositories :-?
>>
> Geez....you guys really took me back. I used to play xboing years ago.
> I'm now running Mepis (a Debian Squeeze spinoff).  I just installed
> xboing and xboing has full sound, just like the good old days. :-)
> version is 2.4-31  if that helps.

Who knows... maybe it works with a set of soundcards/chipsets/sound
drivers but fails with others or perhaps Mepis packagers have applied a
patch to solve this :-?

It seems that xboing in wheezy (and lenny and squeeze...) is also 2.4-31,
it seems the package has not been updated since long time. Anyway, isn't
this game like Arkanoid? This can be nowadays played online, neither your
bandwith nor VGA card will even notice the load ;-P

Greetings,

--
Camaleón