Re: special device does not exist

On 11/06/2011 02:56 AM, Bob Proulx wrote:
Chen Wei wrote:
T o n g wrote:
Bob Proulx wrote:
Did you recently change the partition table on that device?  That will
sometimes cause the kernel to be out of sync with the device.

I remember it was a "long" time ago that I changed the partition. But
apparently it is not long enough to beat my last reboot:

I found UUID makes life easier.

UUIDs have nothing to do with the Linux kernel being in sync with the
device's partition table.  The UUIDs come into action afterward.

Is there a Unix/Linux command to determine the uuids of your devices?