Alternatives to Iceape Display Problems?

My system is squeeze. For years I have used the iceape mail which
automaticaly transfers url links in received emails to the iceape
browser.  Convenient but the browser is not alway able to display images
in the linked url sites, not even some utube videos.  This problem has
gotten worse since squeeze became stable.  A partial solution is to
install google chrome, copy the links in the emails (iceape mail has a
have received emails with included images with no links and iceape mail
is unable to display the email images.

What to do?  I have tried to install other email clients - evolution and
balsa - but am having trouble setting up the server links (iceape
provides a much more detailed server link setup) so I don't know if
these email clients could display the email image contents.

I am still working on the email setup problems while unsure that success
will solve the image display problem.

Any relevant experience?