Re: Menu editing on Gnome 3

On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 05:50:21 +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:

> Anyone any idea how to edit the applications menu in Gnome3.  I have
> KDiff3 in the "Other" menu and I can't figure out how to move it.

GNOME3 or gnome-shell?

If it's GNOME3 you can use the usual tool (right-click on the menu and
select "menu editor" to remove items). If you mean "gnome-shell" menu
that's another beast.

> I've tried the "Menu Editor" sitting in System Tools, but it doesn't
> seem to all you to do anything other than add menu entries to which ever
> section it decides.

Ah, the old menu... then it should be easy but tricky :-)

I would try with these steps:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GNOME_Tips#Menu_Editing

Given the tutorial is for Archlinux, some of the paths may vary.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón