Re: wifi auto-detection not working any more

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:55:36 +0000
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon 31 Oct 2011 at 10:26:52 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
>
> > After doing some more debug I found the issue.
> >
> > I have no problem to manually up the wifi with ifup and it's
> > working well.
> >
> > But now I don't have wpa_supplicant related configuration at /etc/rc.local
> > hence it is not started automatically so now any association is not possible.
> > Do you have any idea how to fix it ? once again .... my wifi related settings are
>
> I'd be inclined to rewrite /e/n/i along the lines I've already indicated
> and follow the advice in wpa_supplicant's README.Debian. But adding this
> should work to bring up the interface at boot:
>
> auto wlan0
> > mapping wlan0

Surely the auto will do the job. But as ifplugd is already there, the eth0 as well as
wlan0 are excluded from auto. Before I had wpa_supplicant at /etc/rc.local so it always
at the background. And whenever the wifi becomes on, it just scan based on mappings
and do the association. But now wpa is there at interfaces file and not started automatically.

Yes, I'll look into the README and your config too, to search the solution.