Re: Re: Debian 64-bit an Dell Vostro 3750 - freezes sometimes with message [Firmware Bug] ACPI(PEGP) dedefines _DOD but not _DOS

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Wojtek Zabolotny
<W.Zabolotny@elka.pw.edu.pl> wrote:
>>  You are very lucky. I could *never* get it to boot even once:
>>
>>  http://bugs.debian.org/644174
>
> Well, I didn't try to use debian/stable. I switched to debian/testing in
> 1999 (If I remember correctly).
> So I started with kernel 3.0.0. Now I've switched to 3.1 (well, I've
> mistaken once more - the tested
>  kernels are 3.0.0 - standard in debian/testing and 3.1 - compiled myself).

I choose to switch back to debian/stable after a broken update in testing.

> You can try to upgrade your kernel.

What for ? d-i went smoothly until the end.

is there a way to skip the usb step from the grub menu ?

thanks,
--
Mathieu