Re: info on squeeze issue

On 30 October 2011 21:14, Richard <richard@g8jvm.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 18:25:47 +0000
> Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 30 October 2011 17:27, Richard <richard@g8jvm.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm about to get Fedora its marching orders on the laptop, If I download squeeze
>> > are any of the downloads that are kept up to date ?, to save the time updating after install ?
>>
>> I always use the net install disk.  That way almost all the software
>> will be the latest available in the first place - and last time I
>> installed it, it automatically updated the few packages that came off
>> the disk.  (I can't remember whether it always does this, but I
>> imagine so.)

> I downloaded that and went to install and immediately hit a problem with wifi.
> It wants to use WEP, and everything I use is WAP.
> :(

The best solution to that is to install over a wired connection, if at
all possible, and set wireless up afterwards.

Of course,  you may not have the option.  If wireless connection is
unavoidable, I'm afraid I can't help.  People do report having
problems installing using a wireless connection, but I'm afraid I
don't know the solution.

Lisi