Re: Icedove & attachments

Mark Panen wrote:
> I am having problems with *.jpg and *.pdf attachments in icedove.
> Some open some don't, i use okular for the pdf's but sometimes
> icedove asks me to save the file, which i don't want to do.

The behavior depends upon the content type associated with the
attachment.  For example a jpg file might be attached with:

Then the client can know it is a jpeg file and display it.  But if the
content-type is sent as application/octet-stream then it won't know
what to do with it.

In Icedove is there a way to see the raw message headers?  What does
it say for the different types of messages?  In Icedove is there a way
to modify the content-type?  My mail user agent allows me to change
the entry and so I can correct for a mistake in sending.

Bob