Choosing a distribution (was: Just a simple query)

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Walter Hurry <walterhurry@lavabit.com> wrote:

I may get flamed for this (we are on a Debian list after all), but both
are IMHO quite straightforward and simple to use for virtually all
mainstream tasks, provided one reads and follows the instructions on the
side of the tin.

Leaving aside technical considerations however, personally I would not
consider SUSE because of the Novell (hence Micro$oft indirectly)
connection. But that is just my preference.

Thanks. Then I should decide out of the two. I guess Debian is good for beginners too.. (who have no knowledge in Linux and just starting...!)