Re: Debian 4.0 on i686?

On 10/26/2011 2:05 AM, sheela Chitawadagi wrote:

>     This is Sheela.I want to install Debian 4.0 on i686 machine as this is
> the only supported platform for installing driver for my pci board.

Which PCI board?  Give full details.  Hardware drivers are rarely
removed from the kernel source tree unless there's a really good reason
for doing so.  Thus Debian 5 and 6 should still support your board.  You
may simply need to install a module that's not included in the version
5/6 Debian installer.  Is this a disk controller, video card, or other?

--
Stan