Re: which dir can be considered move to the external driver

On Wednesday 26,October,2011 12:55 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:58:52 +0800, lina wrote:

I just wonder which dir (listed as below) can be considered to put in
external driver (connected by USB 2.0/3.0).

bin etc include lib sbin share src var

src ? share?

Just curious, (I wanna install some new packages in external driver. )
I'd say you can put whichever -or none- just take into account the
external hard disk can be slower than your internal hdd and will have to
be powered on and mounted (accesible) when you run the system.

As a norm, I prefer to store plain data (no applications) on external USB
drives (if it has an external power supply, remember to be properly
protected for blackouts).
Thanks, on a machine, I only left 145G for the system. Just for perhaps-testing purpose.
boot is not,
var needs write frequently ? (not sure) so better not.
etc is small? so no need.

mainly about how to understand the bin, include, lib, sbin, share,

does those access often during normal use? still curious.
Greetings,

Thanks,