Re: preseeding/partman-auto: LVM expert recipe problem

On 25.10.2011 14:44, Raf Czlonka wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 11:49:52AM BST, Thorsten Sperber wrote:
>>                 100 1000 100 ext3                      \
>>                         $lvmok{ }                       \
>>                         method{ format }                \
>>                         format{ }               \
>>                         use-filesystem{ }               \
>>                         filesystem{ ext3 }              \
>>                         mountpoint{ / }                 \
>
> You're using 100MB as both the minimum and the maximum size of the "/"
> (root) partition. It probably (I'm almost 100% sure) is not enough
> space even for a basic installation - read point 7 in the document you
> quoted.

For the sole purpose of testing.

>> My desired recipe contains an explicitly declared PV, some more LV
>> with more defined stuff and follows all the rules I found in the
>> debian-installer:$doc/debian-installer/devel files (which could
>> really need some more examples and rules description),
>
> In the same document read points 5-6.

I did, and again: the values are for testing. I am aware that 100MB
(fixed size, therefore both min and max) is far to small.

>> The basic problem is the wrong calculation of the minimum size. I
>> already tried it with different priorities to see their effect on
>> the result, but no change.
>
> I guess it's not the priority - it's the size.
>
> Regards,

So, here is the complete thing:

<code>
d-i partman-auto/disk string /dev/sda
d-i partman-auto/method string lvm
d-i partman-auto/purge_lvm_from_device boolean true
d-i partman-lvm/confirm boolean true
d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm boolean true

d-i partman-auto-lvm/new_vg_name string SBS_PV
# d-i partman-lvm/vgcreate string SBS_PV

d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string                   \
        boot-root::                                     \
                100 500 200 ext3                 \
                        $primary{ }                     \
                        $bootable{ }                    \
                        method{ format }                \
                        format{ }               \
                        use_filesystem{ }               \
                        filesystem{ ext3 }              \
                        mountpoint{ /boot }             \
                .                                       \
                                                        \
#        physical-volume::                               \
#                15000 1000 40000 ext3                    \
#                        $defaultignore{ }               \
#                        $primary{ }                     \
#                        method{ lvm }                   \
#                        vg_name{ SBS_PV }               \
#                        device{ /dev/sda }              \
#                .                                       \
                                                        \
        logical-volumes::                               \
                1000 1000 2000 ext4                      \
                        $lvmok{ }                       \
                        #in_vg{ SBS_PV }                 \
                        lv_name{ lvroot }               \
                        method{ format }                \
                        format{ }               \
                        use-filesystem{ }               \
                        filesystem{ ext4 }              \
                        mountpoint{ / }                 \
                .                                       \
                                                        \
                3000 1000 4000 ext4                     \
                        $lvmok{ }                       \
                        #in_vg{ SBS_PV }                 \
                        lv_name{ lvusr }                \
                        method{ format }                \
                        format{ }               \
                        use-filesystem{ }               \
                        filesystem{ ext4 }              \
                        mountpoint{ /usr }              \
                .                                       \
                                                        \
                5000 1000 6000 ext4                    \
                        $lvmok{ }                       \
                        #in_vg{ SBS_PV }                 \
                        lv_name{ lvvar }                \
                        method{ format }                \
                        format{ }               \
                        use-filesystem{ }               \
                        filesystem{ ext4 }              \
                        mountpoint{ /var }              \
                .                                       \
                                                        \
                1000 1000 2000 ext4                     \
                        $lvmok{ }                       \
                        #in_vg{ SBS_PV }                 \
                        lv_name{ lvtmp }                \
                        method{ format }                \
                        format{ }               \
                        use-filesystem{ }               \
                        filesystem{ ext4 }              \
                        mountpoint{ /tmp }              \
                .                                       \
                                                        \
                1000 1000 2000 ext4                     \
                        $lvmok{ }                       \
                        #in_vg{ SBS_PV }                 \
                        lv_name{ lvhome }               \
                        method{ format }                \
                        format{ }               \
                        use-filesystem{ }               \
                        filesystem{ ext4 }              \
                        mountpoint{ /home }             \
                .                                       \
                                                        \
                64 1000 300% linux-swap               \
                        $lvmok{ }                       \
                        #in_vg{ SBS_PV }                 \
                        lv_name{ lvswap }               \
                        method{ swap }                  \
                        format{ }               \
                .					\
                                                        \
#                10 1000 -1 ext4                         \
#                        $defaultignore{ }               \
#                        $lvmok{ }                       \
#                        in_vg{ SBS_PV }                 \
#                        lv_name{ lvdummy }              \

d-i partman/confirm_write_new_label boolean true
d-i partman/choose_partition \
	select Finish partitioning and write changes to disk
d-i partman/confirm boolean true

</code>

Disabled parts were tested, too.

Result of the above:

Oct 25 13:48:03 partman-auto: Available disk space (31457) too small for
expert recipe (4400010064); skipping