Re: Bluetooth and cell phone

On 21/10/11 20:24, Mark Panen wrote:
> On 21/10/2011 02:08, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> The "auto-refresh" doesn't work, but browsing *does*, as does transfer.
>>

> not on my machine.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Mark
> Debian Squeeze 6.0.3 amd64, KDE 4.4.5

*Intermittently* works fine for me.... (new bug needs reporting when I
can find more information). I'd suggest you try manually mounting it for
the time being (see further down).

# dpkg-query -l bluedevil obexftp obexfs
<snipped>
ii  bluedevil      1.0~rc3-2      The KDE bluetooth stack
ii  obexfs         0.11-1         mount filesystem of ObexFTP capable
devices
ii  obexftp        0.23-1+b1      file transfer utility for devices that
use t

hci0:   Type: BR/EDR  Bus: USB
        BD Address: 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx  ACL MTU: 384:8  SCO MTU: 64:8
        UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
        RX bytes:5939 acl:72 sco:0 events:149 errors:0
        TX bytes:3765 acl:74 sco:0 commands:51 errors:0

hcitool con
Connections:
        < ACL 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx handle 38 state 1 lm MASTER AUTH ENCRYPT

Eg. Dolphin location when browsing "obexftp://00-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx/Images/";

Bus 005 Device 002: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth
Dongle (HCI mode)

NOTES:-
;I've changed the actual address to xx
;notice how hci uses ":" and obex uses "-"
;My phones are LG and their OS is Linux - your's is DOS/Windoze which
may make a difference. (I have no C: just standard /dev/sdx)
;I used the same USB Bluetooth dongle in all tests

Works fine on all of my machines - LG phones, NO GNOME packages, all
Squeeze, *except when it doesn't work*

*When* it fails to work [*1] I *sometimes* see segfaults - unfortunately
(?) it's not faulting at present - I'll spend a little more time trying
to find some useful information for the developers before I file a bug
report. Rebooting does seem to fix things.

Limited testing of manual mounting using fuse seems more reliable. (and
you could put a manual mount into fstab).

obexautofs -t 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx /mnt
IrDA searching not available.
USB searching not available.
TTY searching not available.

# mount | grep /mnt
obexautofs on /mnt type fuse.obexautofs (rw,nosuid,nodev)

# ls /mnt
00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx  LG KM900

# ls -R /mnt/"LG KM900"
/mnt/LG KM900:
Documents  FlashContents  Others  Videos
External   Images         Sounds  WMPInfo.xml

/mnt/LG KM900/Documents:

/mnt/LG KM900/External:
FlashContents  Games & Applications  Images  Scott  Sounds  Videos

/mnt/LG KM900/External/FlashContents:

/mnt/LG KM900/External/Games & Applications:
<snipped>

Cheers

[*1] Dolphin "Connecting to remote device... loading folder" Hangs at
94% or 96%. /var/log/syslog then shows:-
work obex-data-server: sdp_extract_seqtype: Unexpected end of packet