Re: Root missed at boot up.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:16 AM, Raf Czlonka <rjc@linuxstuff.pl> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 02:23:25AM BST, Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:
>>   The error was "cannot find root $UUID" specified in root bootflag.
>>   I thought something wrong so the uuid of the root was changed. So in
>> busybox, I `ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid`, I got two items: dm-1(I am not
>> quite sure now, maybe it displayed dm-0.), sda1. I knew sda1 was /boot
>> partition, so I changed boot cmdline with the uuid I found temporally.
>> Still cannot boot up. No root found with the new uuid.
>>   Then I changed bootflag root to device name
>> (/dev/mapper/vgroot-lvroot). Then things worked.
>>   In the boot-uped system, I `ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid`, and found
>> that, the uuid of root is still the same as in boot cmdline, and the
>> device is dm-0. dm-1 is the swap.
>
> Could you do it again or on a running system and redirect the output to
> a file, then attach the file to an email?
>
>>   So to sum up, my system cannot find lvm root device (dm-0) and its
>> uuid at boot up. But can be booted up by its device name
>> (/dev/mapper/vgroot-lvroot). And in boot-uped system, the root device
>> looks fine in /dev.
>>   What happened? How to fix this?
>
> You hadn't mentioned what architecture you're running and what
> bootloader you're using.
> What if you regenerate initrd/initramfs?
>
> Regards,
> --
> Raf
>

> --

Hi there,
  Sorry for the delayed reply. I am using grub on x86_64. And
regenerate initramfs (default configuration) did not help.
  Only way to work I know is to change root bootflag to
"/dev/mapper/vgroot-lvroot", uuid or /dev/vgroot/lvroot won't work.
  I am not sure how to redirect the output to a file. It was at the
very beginning of booting up.

--
竹密岂妨流水过
山高哪阻野云飞