Re: ethernet raid

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 05:56:50PM -0400, Jesus arteche wrote:
>    Hey guys,
>
>    I am not sure if it is the right terminology, but I would like to build a
>    "raid ethernet", I amean  I have 3 ethernet cards...10 Mg, could I build
>    soething for getting a bandwidht of 30Mg in this machine???

Mg?   That's a new unit :-)

Sounds like you're looking for LACP (Link Aggregation Control
Protocol), "Channel Bonding" or "link bonding" here - t seems to have
many names, probably due to different switch manufacturers naming it
different things.  (I believe that LACP is a standard though).

This allows multiple physical ethernet ports to be "bonded"
configurations that allow high availability and/or high bandwidth.

In linux, this all works out of the box, as long as you install
ifenslave and configure it.  But most configurations require switches
that are configured to "know" about the bonding, since the bonding
must be define at both ends of the cables.

Google for "linux lacp", and you will get a few good hits.

Hope this helps
--
Karl E. Jorgensen
Senior System Administrator