Re: GPT on BIOS system partitions scheme

Hi,

> I unwittingly went for the bare bones install as last time I installed lot
> of junk checking quite a few options, now some of the essential tools  I am
> used to are missing, I cannot connect to the internet as network manager is
> not installed, is there any other way I can connect to mobile broadband?
> Also how come "sudo" command is not recognized?
Neither network-manager nor sudo are part of the default debian installation.
Just use su to become root, then run "apt-get install sudo", and then you
should be able to use sudo with the default created user.
For the other tools you are missing... for command-line tools, there is a
really nice packet called "command-not-found". Install it, then run "update-
command-not-found" as root, and log off and back in. If you now type a command
that is not installed, it will tell you which package to install to get it :)
As for network-manager, just install it with apt - alongside with the gnome
applet or the KDE plasma widget or whatever frontend you plan to use.

Last not least, until you get the GUI and graphical packet manager, completely
functional, http://packages.debian.org is a great site to look for the package
names.

Kind regards,
Ralf