Re: trying to get the compiz cube

Frank Steinborn wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

I installed compiz and am trying to see the famed cube: it's nowhere.
So I googled and found:
http://www.ghacks.net/2009/05/25/enabling-the-cube-in-compiz/
which says:

"The first thing you have to do is enable the Custom effects in the
Appearances window. To open this go to the GNOME System menu and
click on Preferences. From within this submenu click on the
Appearances entry which will open a new window. In this new window
you will see 5 tabs, of which one is Visual Effects"

But I don't see 5 tabs, only 3: "themse', 'background' and 'fonts'.

This seems to be an Ubuntu-only-thing. Normally you are supposed to
use 'ccsm' (compizconfig-settings-manager) to configure Compiz.

I did use ccsm: still no cube

Hugo