[OT] Re: Building a Repository

On 16/10/11 01:21, Bob Proulx wrote:

sic

> You can have multiple versions in reprepro just fine.  I keep many
> versions there.
>
> It would be great if you would say why you would want different
> versions in the same distribution track?  I am sure it is useful but I
> can't think of why at this moment.  So I haven't ever thought of that
> as a limitation but rather a feature.

well, in my case I must to be able to downgrade any package at any time
to any previous version.

> It by design keeps one version per release track.

Exactly and this is not good enough for me.

> Because normally
> that makes sense.  You upgrade the version in any particular track (I
> 'dupload' a new package to my local repository) and it replaces the
> previous one.

Yes, reprepro works this way for me as well.

> This is just like the official Debian repositories.

Not exactly, as d.o is keeping all previous package versions if you need
them. If version you'e loonking for is not in main stream repo you can
always try snapshot.d.o
sic

> You can have multiple versions if you have multiple tracks.

And I need multiply versions per suite ('single track')

> I keep a
> track for each Lenny, Squeeze, Wheezy, Sid and each of those can have
> different versions.  Across the entire set of pools there can be many
> versions of a particular package.  But for example in my local Sid
> pool there will only be one version and each new upload will replace
> the previous version.
>
>> So I just swapped to DAK (http://wiki.debian.org/DakHowTo) this is a
>> great tool and gives me fully operational Debian repo (enough to say
>> that it's used on debian.org servers :-) )
>
> I haven't ever used DAK.  I always assumed it would be rather heavy
> and involved to get going.  But with your prompting here I will have
> to queue it up for trial.  :-)

It's not too hard to set it up and there is no *.deb yet as it's
supposedly still in beta, which is hard to belive

- --

|_|_|0|         "Heghlu'Meh QaQ jajVam"          |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0xC100B4CA