Re: What to make of this apt-get update output.

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

> On Thu 13 Oct 2011 at 20:41:40 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
>
>> I'm not making much sense of this apt-get output but it looks like it
>> might be important:
>>
>> Sorry to include the whole output but there were errors shown in a few
>> places.  And also wondering what all the Hit/Ign Stuff is about.
>
> Hit: File found. No change in its timestamp.
> Ign: File ignored. No change in its content.
>
> [Snip]
>
>> W: Failed to fetch http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/dists/wheezy/volatile/non-free/binary-i386/Packages  404  Not Found [IP: 130.89.149.227 80]
>
> Apt cannot find Wheezy on volatile. Why do you think volatile should
> have it?

I actually had forgotten having put a file in source.list.d

I got the idea off line, some now forgotten site.... apparently an
outdated page since volatile no longer exists according to these:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-volatile-announce/2011/msg00000.html
http://www.debian.org/volatile/

I'm not sure I understand why they still have lists of mirrors and such
on that very page.