Re: grub-install fails an RAID1

Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Kurt Flex <flxkrt@aol.com> wrote:
>> Currently I guess the real bootloader is not on the raid at all. Maybe
>> it's some other device they are hiding from me. (There is also a rescue
>> system I can boot, but i can't find it in normal state).
>
> It sounds like it's a xen or openvz VM. What's the output of "uname -a"?

    $ uname -a
    Linux ruthy 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Mar 7 21:35:22 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Well if it's virtualized they would have fooled me. I haven't ordered a
virtualized thing :).

So, there is no -xen in the kernel-version and there doesn't exist
/proc/user_beancounters (Virtouzzo).

Oh, and i've a KVM instance running on that server. Don't know if that
would work inside xen.

I hope the machine doesn't need a reboot the next few days until I find
out how to shrink the first partition (/boot) (I guess I loose the data
there), and recreate it after shrinking.

Kurt