Re: Re: How to install Debian 6 sparc with RAID 1 at installation

Well what I now did is to create a dummy unused partition of 100 MB at the beginning of my hard disk and then create a root and a swap partition which both are in a RAID 1 set. For that I followed these instructions: http://www.unix.com/linux/141253-sparc-linux-raid1-silo.html

Unfortunately, when I reboot I get error messages:

[   82.380080] SCSI subsystem initialized
Begin: Loading essential drivers ... done.

Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... done.
Begin: Mounting root file system ..[  183.377052] md: raid1 personality registered for level 1
. Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ... Begin: LoadingSuccess: loaded module raid1.
done.
Begin: Assembling all MD arrays ... Failure: failed to assemble all arrays.
done.
done.
Begin: Waiting for root file system ... done.
Gave up waiting for root device.  Common problems:
 - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
   - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?)
   - Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?)
 - Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
ALERT!  /dev/md1 does not exist.  Dropping to a shell!

BusyBox v1.17.1 (Debian 1:1.17.1-8) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
(initramfs)

I tried already adding rootdelay=100 as parameter to the kernel but that didn't work neither... Any ideas?

Regards
ML