USB NICs latest compatibility?

I just wanted to ask quickly before I order a USB NIC: are there any major issues with USB NICs with Squeeze?

I have a great little machine that is only the size of a box of chocolates and it only has one NIC, so to make it into a gateway machine for my LAN, I'll need a NIC on a USB interface.

I see from the archives here that there's no real problem mentioned since 2004, but then I figure they're not that common. Hopefully this is a totally unnecessary question, but most of my experience with NICs comes from prior to 2004.... I can't find an equivalent to the TDLP.org hardware compatibility how-to.

Maybe anyone who's using a USB NIC can recommend a manufacturer. That would be great.

Thanks
Adam