Re: Squid & access control

On 10/10/11 12:41, Mark Panen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't get squid to function on Debian via Webmin.
>
> Normally i:
>
> 1. Set up ports & networking, http port 3128 and the IP of my machine.
> 2. Access control, client address, mark - 192.168.1.100
> 3. Restart squid.
> 4. Bob's your uncle, it normally works but Ice weasel is giving me an
> access denied message.

You set 3128 as the proxy port? (had to ask - without restart Iceweasel
won't know the system default).
Otherwise check:-
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3407115&group_id=17457&atid=117457

I had problems with Webmin (it ain't Debian) and Squid 3, so I no longer
use Webmin. Did you install Squid from Debian or through Webmin?

> 5. I have not seen an option in Webmin to initialize my cache.

Left-hand pane under Servers, select Squid server
Right-hand (main) pane, under cache options. (check you have sufficient
space)

> Any ideas guys?

Yes. See above. :-)

Cheers