Re: When was Debian installed

Tomas Volka <tomas.volka@unicorn.eu> wrote:
>root@debian # passwd -S bin
>bin L 11/23/2010 0 99999 7 -1

Excellent.

>root@debian ~ # dumpe2fs -h /dev/sda3 | grep -i creat
>dumpe2fs 1.41.12 (17-May-2010)
>Filesystem created:       Tue Nov 23 21:11:56 2010

Please note that this will fail if the system was copied from one
filesystem to another, as I usually do when I get a new computer to
avoid a new installation procedure. One might argue if that still
counts as ‘the originally installed system’, but the same goes if,
for example, you switch from i386 to amd64 without reinstalling, and
this quite big change wouldn’t be noticed by the filesystem change.

Best regards,

Claudius
--
As seen on TV.
Please use GPG: ECB0C2C7 4A4C4046 446ADF86 C08112E5 D72CDBA4