Re: incorrect url in apt lists squeeze

On 09/10/11 14:51, Richard wrote:
On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 01:54:16 +1300
Chris Bannister<mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz>  wrote:

On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 11:15:22AM +0100, Richard wrote:
Hi,
I was having a problem with the listed url for the United Kingdom ftp debian site.
kept giving errors.
The correct country designator in the url for the UK is uk not gb.
ie. ftp.uk.debian.org NOT ftp.gb.debian.org

Where is this?

Sorry I should have made it more clear but, its on the debian web site which gives the list of mirrors,
and if you use the synaptic>repositories gui its effective there as well.

Could you give the URI of the page you are looking at please?

I've never had a problem with any link to the UK ftp site, and the List of Mirrors page (http://www.debian.org/mirror/list) is correct.

--
Dom