Re: [OT] Imperial measures

On Thursday 06 October 2011 22:42:27 Weaver wrote:
> Then 'wiktionary' and 'regions' are wrong.
> I have worked through northern Italy, France, Austria, Australia and New
> Zealand and have never come across a variance.
> Perhaps a higher authority?

But not the UK.  It may indeed be different everywhere else, I have no
experience of it.  But in the UK, anyhow amongst the general population, gill
has various meanings around the country.  Exactly as Wiktionary says.

And I do not know what a food college is.  I could guess.

And I shan't reply again.  I know that in this specific case, I am right.  And
I am therefore not interested in your assertion that the rest of the world
has a fixed, metric definition of gill.  I do not live in the rest of the
world.

Lisi