Re: `Xorg -configure' failure

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> writes:

[...]

> It might have been easier to just restore the whole file.  And
> http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/HowToRandR12 might have some
> additional useful information for you.

I didn't see discussion of a bug that causes the mouse NOT to pan out
into a Virtual screen size... although there is such a bug.

I've had good help finding the appropriate xandr commands and can see
the screen enlarge, but the mouse will not go past the edge.  Far as I
understood its because of code in some other aspect of things that is
preventing it.

[...]

> I get the same error, but there actually is an xorg.conf.new in the
> current directory.  "Xorg -configure" does not load the dri module,
> which seems to be the cause for this error.

This is pretty raunchy of me, but I never thought to look.  There was
no indication whatever that a file had been written.  But there it is.

Is the dri module essential for starting X?  Do you know which package
it is in.

Also does the Nouveau driver prevent other drivers such as nv from