Re: Squeeze remote X11 and GL

El 2011-10-03 a las 13:27 -0500, Brian Sutherland escribió:

(resending to the list)

> On Oct 3, 2011, at 9:09 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 22:12:26 -0500, Brian Sutherland wrote:
> >
> >> I have done some searching and can't seem to find an answer anywhere.
> >> This worked fine on Lenny and it is testing ok with Ubuntu Natty. If I
> >> am running squeeze be it native or in a chroot, ppc or i386, I can get
> >> applications to xhost from it but not opengl applications. So loading
> >> xterm pops up an xterm on the remote or main display (in chroot) but
> >> does this:
> >> (squeeze)root@Grackle:~# glxinfo
> >> name of display: :0.0
> >>
> >> and nothing till I kill it
> >>
> >> glxgears does not print anything and just sits till I kill it.
> >
> > Maybe something has crashed and goes to "/var/log/syslog", "/var/log/
> > messages" or "/var/log/Xorg.0.log"... Can you see any error messages
> > logged in the remote machine?
> >
> >> Like I said other distros on other machines or chroots are fine. It's
> >> just squeeze that won't do it, I have not tried wheezy.
> >
> > I would first compare the VGA driver version for all that computers (from
> > where it works and the ones for squeeze). Different driver versions could
> > lead to different results :-?
> >

> Well it seems the issue is the X server on squeeze is just not so happy about falling back to indirect when accessing a remote display. I set LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT and now all is well. I kind of stumbled upon that but no need to get into the gory detail. So there is the answer if anyone else ever needs it. :)
>
> Brian

Glad you finally sorted out... BTW, what's that variable and what it
does? :-)

***
LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT, if defined this will force libGL.so to always
use indirect rendering instead of hardware acceleration. This can be
useful to isolate rendering errors.
***

Oh, well.

Greetings,