Re: HD Data Recovery

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 23:27:42 +0000 (UTC)
Walter Hurry <walterhurry@lavabit.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 16:07:23 -0400, Robert Blair Mason Jr. wrote:
>
> > A few days ago one of my parents' computers stopped booting, and
> > they don't have any external backups
>
> I am sick and tired of hearing this tale of woe. Just back up.

I told them they needed backups.  I know everyone here is sick and
tired of hearing it and so am I.  But the past is past, and I just want
some help determining if I can fix the issue at hand NOW.

I understand your sentiments, but there isn't any need to be hostile.

Apparantly my father took it to the store and they claimed it had a
broken read/write head.  Internet claims that it requires a cleanspace
to fix and preserve data integrity.  So I guess I'm out of it.

--
rbmj