Re: portable driver

On 10/03/2011 12:14 PM, Camaleón wrote:
El 2011-10-03 a las 17:51 +0200, Ralf Mardorf escribió:

(resending to the list)

On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 12:11 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
How to give a label to a partition? I always make that step when
formatting the drive but it can be done afterwards with "tune2fs" or
"e2label" utilities (on ext2/3/4 based filesystems). Read man page for
detailed info on how to use them :-)

Oops, tune2fs -L doesn't work anymore for ext4?! I can't remember,
perhaps I label the ext4 partitions, when partitioning them. At least
it's possible to give a label name when using the Debian installer.

How can be that? :-?

It isn't.  I just changed the Label on an ext4 partition using tune2fs -L

It seems that Mr Mardorf is mistaken, yet again. His FUD rating is continuing to rise.

I still don't have any ext4 filesystem to try out but "man tune2fs"
seems pointing to ext4 as well.

GParted for testing seems to do the job too, perhaps some prefer using a
GUI.

There are desktop GUI based tools that can also cope with that, like
GNOME's palimpsets.

Greetings,