Re: IP address depending on the MAC

Dnsmasq is a DHCP and DNS server combined. As I mentioned before, I can't use a DHCP server.

On 02.10.2011 20:02, H.S. wrote:
On 02/10/11 12:31 PM, Ireneusz Szcześniak wrote:
Hi,

I'm planning to install an image of Debian to a number of computers.
Each of these computers will have the same configuration except the
hostname and the IP address.  The IP configuration has to be static. I
can't use a DHCP server.

QUESTION; Is there a way to assign a hostname and a static IP address at
boot time depending on the MAC address of the computer's network
interface card?

I use dnsmasq for exactly this purpose (my home lan is quite small
though). Works quite well.

--
Ireneusz (Irek) Szczesniak
http://www.irkos.org